Business Services Assistant
- Home working and County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 4 £20,812.00 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Pending restructure until 31/3/24
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 11 June 2023
The Local Authority has duties and responsibilities regarding the education and well-being of children being electively home educated. An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Services Team for a committed and flexible individual to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Elective Home Education (EHE) Team.
You will be joining a friendly team of experienced Business Services Assistants. The role is varied and fast-paced. Being able to work as part of a team in a flexible and adaptable way and meet deadlines is essential.
What will I be doing:
- Supporting the operational manager, a team of Officers, and EHE Advisers.
- Using excellent IT skills via a range of Microsoft, bespoke packages, while also being accurate in the creation and maintenance of sensitive records.
- You will need to exercise an understanding of confidentiality, GDPR & Data Protection.
- Knowledge of administrative practices and processes, council procedures and policies will be helpful.
Communicating with a variety of individuals and organisations. You will be frequently in contact with members of the public, other teams within Derbyshire County Council, Social Care and Health professionals, as well as schools and other Local Authorities.
We value your unique skills, knowledge, and experience, so please read the full Job and Person Profile to ensure you submit the best possible application. It's important to detail how you meet the essential requirements in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft and bespoke packages.
- An ability to flexibly work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of general administrative tasks.
- Good communication
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites.
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team.
- Access to our in-house occupational services which includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling.
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council please click here
For details of other Business Services vacancies in Childrens Services, please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email email@example.com and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: during week commencing 18th June 2023
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.