Business Services Assistant
- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £21,189.00 - £21,575.00 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with administrative experience to join our Child Protection and Independent Reviewing Officer Business Services Team.
You will be joining a friendly team of experienced Business Services Assistants. The role is varied, fast-paced and the ability to work as part of a team and meet deadlines is essential.
What will I be doing:
- Working as part of a team you will be required to undertake a variety of general administrative tasks relating to the work of the Child Protection and Independent Reviewing Officer services.
- Supporting child protection conferences or LADO strategy meetings either virtual or face to face at various locations throughout Derbyshire, note taking and processing associated information.
- Using of bespoke IT packages for conference booking, diary management and specific tasks associated with this role.
- Applicants must have excellent note taking skills and must be competent in oral and written communication, be highly motived, well organised and be able to work, unsupervised, on their own initiative whilst observing confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent communication and time management skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and a keen eye for detail are key in this role. Proven literacy skills are essential as is the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- You will need to be self-motivated and willing to adopt a flexible approach to meet priorities and deadlines.
We value your unique skills, knowledge, and experience, so please read the full Job and Person Profile to ensure you submit the best possible application. It's important to detail how you meet the essential requirements in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Good organisational
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to interpret information and analyse data.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
- Minute/note taking experience
- Previous financial experience would be beneficial
We are offering:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
In addition to working from our office, you'll also have the flexibility to work from home. We recognise the importance of a stable internet connection and encourage you to have access to reliable internet service.
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council, please click here.
For details of other Business Services vacancies in Childrens Services, please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email email@example.com and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Applications will be considered frequently and shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview whilst this post is still being advertised
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.