- County Hall, Matlock/Hybrid working
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £19,264 - £19,650 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 09 October 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Services Team for a committed and flexible individual to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Education Welfare Service.
You will be required to work 3 days in the office based at County Hall and 2 days from home.
You will be joining a friendly team of experienced Business Services Assistants. The role is varied, fast-paced and the ability to work as part of a team and meet deadlines is essential.
What will I be doing:
- Administrating the Local Authority responsibility to unsatisfactory school attendance which includes issuing penalty notices and/or prosecution process.
- Taking and receiving phone calls from the public, and professionals in relation to individual cases and generic queries.
- Checking paperwork for legal compliance.
- Part of a wider team of administrators with responsibility for children missing from school and children in entertainment and employment.
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Good organisational skills.
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to interpret information and analyse data.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
- Minute/note taking experience
- Previous financial experience would be beneficial
Please read through the full Job and Person Profile and Task Brief to help you complete your application. You will need to detail in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form how you meet the skills and experience we are looking for.
We are offering:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council, please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: Week commencing 17 October 2022
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.