- Chatsworth Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £19,264 - £19,650 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
An exciting opportunity to join the Virtual School team within Schools and Learning. This is a business services support role requiring a committed and flexible individual. You will provide efficient and effective administrative support.
The Virtual School team supports children in care. The aim is to ensure these children have the best education possible.
Joining a team of business service assistants working together to support the service. You will work alongside and support the Virtual School’s Project Lead and Data Manager.
What will I be doing:
The PEP Co-ordinator role involves:
- Administering the Personal Education Plans (PEP) for Derbyshire’s children-in-care;
- You will be the main point of contact handling a large volume of PEP queries from schools and social worker’s;
- Working as part of a team to meet conflicting deadlines;
- Using a variety of in house and external databases alongside Microsoft Office
- Taking a methodical approach to ensure PEP documents get processed to strict deadlines;
- Dealing with calls via Microsoft Teams telephony and signposting as required;
- Responding to email correspondence from schools, social workers, and foster carers.
You will receive a full induction with continued support and training.
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Good organisational skills.
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to interpret information and analyse data.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
- Minute/note taking experience
- Previous financial experience would be beneficial
Please read through the full Job and Person Profile and Task Brief to help you complete your application. You will need to detail in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form how you meet the skills and experience we are looking for.
We are offering:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata);
- Flexible working;
- Training and development opportunities;
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites;
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme;
- Supportive management and team;
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling.
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: Wednesday 7 September 2022
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.