Business Services Assistant (2 posts)
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £11,145.96 - £11,349.00 per annum, pro rata 40 weeks per year
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Term Time Fixed term - 12 months from start date pending service re-design
- 22 hours and 12 minutes per week
- Closing Date
- 11 June 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Services Team for committed and flexible individuals to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Specialist Service for Special Educational Needs (SSSEN) teams based at the following locations.
Post 1 – Whaley Thorns/Shirebrook Adult Community Education Centre, 22 hours 12 minutes per week (3 days) working pattern negotiable
Post 2 – Cromford Primary School, 22 hours 12 minutes per week (3 days) working pattern, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
The team are currently hybrid working. There will be an opportunity to discuss the working arrangements at interview
You will be joining a friendly team comprising of Business Services colleagues, an Operational Area Manager and Specialist Teachers. The role is varied, fast-paced and the ability to work independently and as part of a team is needed. Prioritising and completing tasks and meeting deadlines is essential.
What will I be doing:
Derbyshire’s Specialist Service for SEN (SSSEN) is a specialist teaching service who provide support for children with special educational needs and disabilities in mainstream schools.
The successful applicant will share responsibility for a range of tasks including:
- preparation of templates for staff to complete and sending to schools
- communications via email, telephone and Perspective Lite,
- minuting meetings
- inputting data, maintaining records
- preparing resources and training materials
- ordering resources via Orderpoint
The successful applicant will need to be a skilled administrator, have experience of using a variety of IT systems, possess excellent organisational and time management skills, be able to communicate effectively in writing and by phone.
We value your unique skills, knowledge, and experience, so please read the full Job and Person Profile to ensure you submit the best possible application. It's important to detail how you meet the essential requirements in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- An ability to work on their own initiative.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Good organisational
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
- Minute/note taking experience
Employees have access to a range of benefits and discounts including:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 8 bank holidays where applicable
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council please click here
For details of other Business Services vacancies in Childrens Services, please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: week commencing 19 June 2023
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.
PLEASE INDICATE IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE, WHICH VACANCIES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WITHIN THE SUITABILITY SECTION OF THE APPLICATION FORM.