Business Services Assistant (2 posts)
- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 6 £21,986.00 - £22,423.00 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Permanent and fixed term until 30.9.23 covering for secondment
- 37 Hours per week
- Closing Date
We are seeking highly motivated individuals with administrative experience to join our Child Protection and Independent Reviewing Officer Business Services Team.
1 full time permanent post – 37 hours
1 full time fixed term post – 37 hours to cover for secondment up to 30.9.23
You will be joining a friendly team of experienced Business Services Assistants. The role is varied, fast-paced and the ability to work as part of a team and meet deadlines is essential.
What will I be doing:
- Working in the Child Protection & IRO Business Services Team
- Using bespoke systems including Mosaic, Orderpoint and EDRM
- Managing multiple shared team email boxes
- Responsible for managing the workloads of Grade 5 BSA’s
- Processing incoming LADO referrals
- Processing Police Access to Files, CPS and DBS requests
- Overseeing the IRO CIC Review process
- Monitoring the Derbyshire Police Missing notifications
- Support to the Vulnerable Children CPM for High Risk CRE cases
- Support to the Keeping Children Safe in Education CPM
We value your unique skills, knowledge, and experience, so please read the full Job and Person Profile to ensure you submit the best possible application. It's important to detail how you meet the essential requirements in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to supervise staff
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to interpret information and analyse data.
- Assist and support with streamlining processes and implementation
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Previous financial experience would be beneficial.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
We are offering:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
- Derbyshire rewards – offering hundreds of discounts and cashback
In addition to working from our office, you'll also have the flexibility to work from home. We recognise the importance of a stable internet connection and encourage you to have access to reliable internet service.
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council, please click here.
For details of other Business Services vacancies in Childrens Services, please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Applications will be considered frequently and shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview whilst this post is still being advertised
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.