- Various locations
- Salary details
- Grade 4 £10,406.04 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 18 hours 30 minutes per week
- Closing Date
- 05 February 2023
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Services Team for committed and flexible individuals to provide efficient and effective administrative support to our Children in Care Residential establishments.
We have 2 part time vacancies based at the following locations.
Post 1 – The Getaway, Ilkeston
Post 2 – Hopewell, Clay Cross
You will be joining a friendly team of experienced Business Services Assistants. The role is varied, fast-paced and the ability to work as part of a team and meet deadlines is essential.
What will I be doing:
- Maintaining of petty cash system, including bank and cash reconciliations within the home
- Ordering stock and processing invoices
- Scanning and uploading to database systems
- Attending and taking notes at meetings
- Supporting with file management and archiving
- Supporting with Ofsted inspections and financial audit
- Supporting line and home managers
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of general administrative tasks.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills.
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
Please read through the full Job and Person Profile and Task Brief to help you complete your application. You will need to detail in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form how you meet the skills and experience we are looking for.
What we are offering:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites.
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team.
- Access to our in-house occupational services which includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling.
For details of other Business Services vacancies in Childrens Services, please click here
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email email@example.com and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: week commencing 13 February 2023
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.
PLEASE INDICATE IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE, WHICH VACANCIES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WITHIN THE SUITABILITY SECTION OF THE APPLICATION FORM
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.