- Erewash Hub, Mercian Close, Ilkeston
- Salary details
- Grade 6 - £20,043 - £20,498 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Services Team for two committed and flexible individuals to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Early Help & Safeguarding Teams in the Erewash area.
You will be joining a friendly team of 2 experienced Business Services Assistants in the Erewash Locality. This role is varied, fast paced and the ability to work as a team and meet deadlines is essential.
What will I be doing:
- Supervising staff, overseeing their day-to-day tasks to ensure these are completed efficiently and effectively. Including HR tasks such as supporting with performance and involvement with attendance management of business services colleagues.
- Support to the Head of Service, which includes minute taking at a variety of meetings.
- Coordination of diaries and meetings.
- Coordination, support and assistance with the recruitment process of operational staff following HR processes.
- Liaising within internal and external families and professionals.
- Utilising the internal client system and general IT support to colleagues.
- Financial tasks may include petty cash, debit card holder and utilising the internal financial systems following set financial guidance.
- You maybe required to support with cover across our other sites in Erewash area, we have building in Ilkeston and Long Eaton.
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to supervise staff
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to interpret information and analyse data.
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Previous financial experience would be beneficial.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
Please read through the Job and Person Profile and Task Brief to help you complete your application. You will need to detail in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form how you meet the skills and experience we are looking for.
What we are offering:
- Access to a Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses as there may be the requirement to travel to other sites
- Car share/parking/smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme and electric charging points (at County Hall)
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy, and counselling
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council, please click here.
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email email@example.com and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: week commencing 5 September 2022
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.