- Asterdale Primary School , Spondon
- Salary details
- Grade F, Scale points 15-20, £23,953- £26,446 pro rata
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 31 August 2022
The Local Governing Board of Asterdale Primary School would like to appoint a School Office Manager who has recent, relevant experience within a school, to provide administrative and financial support to the school and the Headteacher.
We are looking for someone who is highly professional, highly skilled in school administration, financial management and who has excellent communication skills. This role requires experience of MIS systems, finance systems, online payment systems and MS Office. The successful candidate will be flexible, able to meet the demands of a busy office and work well within a team and on their own.
We require someone who can:
- provide a high level of administrative service/support to the Senior Leadership Team;
- be resilient, flexible and demonstrate an ability to work well under pressure, producing work to a high standard;
- be methodical, well organised and display an appropriate level of confidentiality, child protection, data protection, security and safeguarding awareness;
- demonstrate high proficiency in ICT and keyboard skills;
- interact effectively with children, parents, staff and visitors;
- manage time effectively and work within organisational procedures and processes;
- work collaboratively and supportively with colleagues within the school and wider Trust;
- compile data, complete termly census returns and process CTFs;
- lead, motivate and develop staff
We are proud to offer a supportive and experienced leadership team, a hard-working and an enthusiastic group of staff and a well-resourced school. If you believe you possess the qualities to take on this exciting challenge, then we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are keen to give candidates a chance to visit our school and warmly invite you to contact the school office on 01332 662323.
Asterdale Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Please refer to our Child Protection and Safeguarding policy on our website using the following link: https://asterdaleprimaryschool.co.uk/policies
As this post is regulated activity, successful appointments are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and relevant recruitment checks that comply with guidance in the most recent version of Keeping Children Safe in Education document: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/keeping-children-safe-in-education--2
We are committed to equality of opportunity in employment and services. Asterdale Primary School is part of the Odyssey Collaborative Trust, a group of seven primary schools within the City of Derby.
Please do not apply using The Derbyshire County Council Website.
An application pack is attached to this advert. Please return the completed application form and a covering letter to the school via email to email@example.com or send in to the address above.
Please ensure your completed application is returned no later than 12 noon on the Closing Date.
Candidates who are shortlisted will be informed by email/phone-call soon after the closing date.
As this position is designated as a “Regulated Activity” references will be sought in advance of an interview.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.