- Peter Webster Centre, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 5 £19,264 - £19,650 per annum (pro rata for part-time)
- Job term
- Various hours available
- Appointment type
- Closing Date
Business Services Assistant - Scheduler (Adult Social Care and Health)
**Derbyshire County Council are hiring**
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Homecare Scheduling Team. This Team supports the provision of Homecare to residents of Derbyshire by planning and overseeing care schedules.
We are looking to recruit new team members to join our established team.
What does a Scheduler do?
Derbyshire’s Homecare Service provides care and support to Residents of Derbyshire in their own homes. The Service will involve providing primarily short term packages of care, in order to enable us to support timely discharge from hospital, avoid hospital admission and enable people to retain and regain their independence.
Schedulers ensure that this service runs efficiently by drawing up schedules, providing immediate response and support to Care Workers to manage their visits and their time, and working closely with Domiciliary Care Organisers to plan rotas
What we expect from our applicants:
- Someone who can provide a timely and confident response to carers and clients via the telephone and other communication methods.
- Confident in using ICT and bespoke systems.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to our service changes.
- Someone who is a team player who is able to work closely with other disciplines and teams.
- Comfortable working autonomously with a positive and can-do attitude.
What you can expect from the role with Derbyshire County Council:
- Working for Derbyshire County Council really puts you at the heart of local communities, and provides great satisfaction being able to help local people.
- A welcoming and accepting team who provide regular peer support, as well as receiving professional and line management supervision.
- Great learning and development opportunities – Derbyshire County Council want you to succeed and will provide thorough support to ensure you can achieve your goals.
- Great benefits including:
- 25-27 days of annual leave (depending on grade) plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more……
Working arrangements in the Homecare Scheduling Team
The role requires you to be office-based; the team are based at the Peter Webster Centre in Chesterfield.
You will working on a rota basis. This includes providing support over two shift types : 7am – 2.30pm, 2.30pm – 10pm. This will include weekend and bank holiday working – our service operates 365 days a year. Enhanced rates of pay apply for hours worked after 7pm and on bank holidays.
**Please read the additional information attachments which will highlight in detail the essential/desirable attributes needed to apply for this role. Applicants will need to link their experience to the criteria stated in the attachment/s in order for the management team to choose the most suitable candidates for shortlisting**
Have a question about the role? Or would like to have an informal visit or shadowing with the Team to find out more about working with us? Please contact email@example.com who will be more than happy to speak with you!
Due to this post having administrative privileges within the Council’s IT systems, and in order to comply with the Public Services Network requirements, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic criminal record check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.