- County Hall, MATLOCK
- Salary details
- Grade 8 £23,657 - £25,568 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to finite funding September 2023
- 37 Hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
We are seeking to recruit a suitably experienced, motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Assistive Technology team. This full-time post will be initially funded for one year whilst work is undertaken to remodel the county wide service offer.
The purpose of the team’s work is to assist people in Derbyshire to sign up to Assistive Technology service. In accordance with the Council’s approach to Modern Ways of Working, the post holder will be mostly working from home with occasional attendance at a base site. The primary tasks involved with these posts include but not limited to
- These roles will serve as a part of a hub where referrals are received and processed, with advice, information and training provided to staff on assistive technology.
- Assist the Contract Manager (Assistive Technology) in operational tasks of the service
- Processing forms completed by social workers, to progress the installation and monitoring of equipment
- Monitor and maintain a record of any purchase order requests to procure community alarms from supplier.
- Assist, guide and support social workers in a strength-based assessment for equipment (assistive technology) and completion of community alarm/telecare requests
- Provide advice on types of available equipment and how these can assist with meeting assessed need
- Process the Alarm Faults and decommissioning requests and liaise with the services who install and de-commission equipment
- Maintain and develop knowledge of the different technological opportunities to enhance people’s lives
If you require any information about Assistive Technology please click here or for an informal conversation, please contact Irina Wragg Contracts Manager (Assistive Technology) on 01629 532048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 29 August 2022
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.