- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 12 £37,915 - £41,299 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 30 October 2022
Countryside Service Manager (Enterprise)
£37,915 to £41,299 – Plus market leading benefits package (see below)
We are accepting CV’s for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply! If you wish to apply via CV, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining the reasons for your interest and your skills, knowledge and experience, taking account of the requirements set out in the job and person profile to email@example.com.
The Countryside Service is at the forefront of delivering Derbyshire County Council’s priorities to protect and improve the natural and heritage environment. It does this in a collaborative manner that stimulates social and economic growth. This is an exciting time of change for the Service that is being directed by a new commercially focused Service Business Plan; designed to secure a step-change in ambition, team performance, and financial sustainability.
We have created a uniquely focussed and exciting role of Countryside Service Manager (Enterprise) to apply commercial acumen and project management skills to this wide-ranging agenda. The Countryside Service team has fantastic nature conservation values and skills, so we are looking for the Countryside Service Manager (Enterprise)to bring fresh ideas and experience to complement their credentials.
Key priorities for the post holder will be to:
- Create new commercial enterprise, partnerships, and contracts.
- Develop leisure and hospitality opportunities.
- Programme and Project Management.
Please do take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
We're looking for people who:
- Can use commercial enterprise to deliver financial, social, and environmental benefits.
- Are competent in programme and project management methodologies.
- Have experience in the design and delivery of infrastructure improvement projects.
- Are skilled in improving service delivery efficiency and service user experience.
- Enjoy building positive working relations and communicating with a range of stakeholders.
- Offer an effective, responsive leadership style that develops and sustains high performing teams.
What we offer you:
- Ongoing commitment to your continuing professional development
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service, plus 8 bank holidays
- Local Government 2022/23 pay award pending
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Access to a comprehensive wellbeing package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more!
This role is contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
We're also recruiting to other roles in our Countryside Team, for more information on these vacancies and the wonderful work we do simply visit; www.derbyshire.gov.uk/countrysidejobs
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact either:
Assistant Director for Climate Change and Environment
Tel. 07977 065829
Head of Countryside Service
Tel.01629 539657/07775 823923
Provisional Interview Date: November 9th