- Elvaston Castle Country Park, Thulston, Derby
- Salary details
- Grade 10 £29,184 - £32,389 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 30 October 2022
Operations Manager (Elvaston Castle Country Park)
£29,184 to £32,389 – Plus market leading benefits package (see below)
We are accepting CV’s for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply! If you wish to apply via CV, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining the reasons for your interest and your skills, knowledge and experience, taking account of the requirements set out in the job and person profile to email@example.com.
The Countryside Service is at the forefront of delivering Derbyshire County Council’s priorities to protect and improve the natural and heritage environment. It does this in a collaborative manner that stimulates social and economic growth. This is an exciting time of change for the Service that is being directed by a new commercially focused Service Business Plan; designed to secure a step-change in ambition, team performance, and financial sustainability.
We have created a unique and exciting role of Operations Manager (Elvaston Castle Country Park). Based at the Council’s flagship Elvaston Castle Country Park the Operations Manager will be responsible for maintaining the Park’s heritage, horticultural, and grounds assets; ensuring positive Park visitor experiences; and working collaboratively with the Elvaston Castle and Gardens Trust.
Key priorities for the post holder will be to:
- Ensure the Park achieves quality and financial standards set by the Council
- Leadership of the Park’s operational staff
- Empowering the public to take an active role in the stewardship of the Park.
This list is not exhaustive, please do take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
We're looking for people who:
- Have grounds, horticulture, or infrastructure management skills.
- Have experience of successful project delivery
- Have worked in partnership across the public, private and voluntary sector to bring about positive change.
- Have contributed to the development of strategies or policies.
- Have good communication and presentation skills including the ability to negotiate to secure the best outcomes.
- Can work collaboratively with others and be open, friendly and flexible.
- Can inspire and support others.
- Have a fondness of working with the public.
- Are keen to improve the experience of our visitors.
What we offer you:
- Ongoing commitment to your continuing professional development
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service, plus 8 bank holidays
- Local Government 2022/23 pay award pending
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Training and development opportunities
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Access to a comprehensive wellbeing package
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more!
We're also recruiting to other roles in our Countryside Team, for more information on these vacancies and the wonderful work we do simply visit; www.derbyshire.gov.uk/countrysidejobs
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact
Head of Countryside Service
Tel. 01629 539657/07775 823923
Provisional Interview Date: 10 November