- County Transport Workshops, Derby
- Salary details
- Grade 8 £27,507 to £29,418 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 10 December 2023
County Transport – Derby Workshops
£14.26 - £15.25 per hour – plus market leading package (see below)
We are looking for a highly motivated Heavy Goods Vehicle Mechanic to join our County Transport team who supports the maintenance and repair of a diverse fleet of motor vehicles including motor cars, minibuses, light goods vehicles, Heavy Goods Vehicles, trailers and engineering plant.
You will need to hold a relevant vocational qualification in heavy goods vehicle maintenance and repair operations and a valid full Driving Licence with a minimum of category B. Having a category C HGV licence and/or being a qualified MOT tester in Class 4, 5, and 7 would be advantageous for this role, but is not essential.
All standard and specialist tools and are supplied as part of the position, along with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and branded workwear.
The role will be based at our brand-new bespoke Derby Workshop which is located on the outskirts of the City Centre. The standard working hours are Monday to Thursday 7.30am – 3.30pm and Friday 7.30am – 3.00pm.
There are potential opportunities for winter standby and associated additional payments during November-March, including the use of a council vehicle during rota standby periods (this can be discussed further at in interview).
We offer a friendly and supportive working environment, Derbyshire based work and the opportunity to develop yourself and your career.
Benefits of working for us include:
- Generous 25 days of annual leave plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service, plus 8 bank holidays
- Access to excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
- Regular standard working hours Monday to Friday - supporting a great work life balance
- Occupational sick pay scheme – up to 6 months full pay and 6 months half pay after 5 years service.
- Commitment to your continuing professional development with ongoing training opportunities
- Regular annual pay increments
- A comprehensive wellbeing package including physio, counselling & occupational health
- Discount on leisure centre memberships
- And much more.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, the successful candidate will be required to undertake and pass a police security NPPV2 vetting check.
To discuss this exciting role further please contact the Service Manager Alex Koszowenko – email@example.com
Provisional Interview Date: December 2023
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here