- Holmesdale Infant School, Dronfield
- Salary details
- MPS/UPS £25,714 - £36,961/£38,690 - £41,604 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Closing Date
- 09 October 2022
Holmesdale Infants is a warm and welcoming school, providing an outstanding curriculum and experience for all its pupils. We see starting school as the beginning of a life-long journey of discovery. We are passionate about allowing our children to explore the world around them, helping them to follow interests that will inspire, motivate and fill them with awe and wonder, allowing them to enjoy the learning they do.
We have high expectations of behaviour and we aim for a calm and purposeful environment but, at the same time, we ensure that learning is fun. We strive to enable our children to work to the best of their individual abilities, enabling them to become ‘The Best Me I Can Be’, both socially and academically.
Following the promotion of our existing teaching SENDCo we are looking to appoint an outstanding practitioner and experienced SENDCo who is enthusiastic, nurturing, empathetic and innovative, to join our happy and forward thinking school. The post is available from January 2023.
The successful candidate must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of KS1 and will be passionate about outcomes for children with SEND, having prior experience and expertise in this area.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an outstanding practitioner, being able to enthuse and ignite a love of learning in every child.
- Has high expectations for all our pupils.
- Understands the importance of pupils’ well- being and personal growth.
- Is a team player and can collaborate with all stakeholders to provide the best opportunities for our pupils.
- Can be flexible and willing to respond to new challenges.
- Is resilient, innovative, with infectious enthusiasm.
- Has a sense of humour.
- Loves to teach and see children become ‘the best me they can be’.
- An inclusive, welcoming and supportive school community.
- A forward-thinking and ambitious ethos where children come first.
- An environment in which you will be valued, nurtured and provided with the professional development opportunities you need to be the best that you can be.
- Non-contact time for SEND in addition to PPA time.
- Happy, kind, confident and enthusiastic children.
- Supportive governors.
Visits to the school are encouraged and are warmly welcomed, by prior arrangement. Please telephone or e-mail the school on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01246 413284.
Provisional Interview Date: 18 October 2022
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.