- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 11 £35,414 - £38,713 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to funding 18 months from appointment
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 12 February 2023
We are accepting CVs for these positions so it’s easier than ever to apply! Just click on “Apply for this job”, register and upload your CV.”
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and committed individual to join the Community Safety Team. This post is hosted by the County Council but will work across both Derby and Derbyshire working through the Sexual Abuse sub-group of the Domestic and Sexual Abuse Partnership Board.
In the role of Sexual Abuse and Assault Strategy Officer, you will support and contribute to the work of the Domestic and Sexual Abuse Partnership Board and lead on the development of a Derbyshire wide (City and County) whole system sexual assault and abuse services strategy action plan that addresses the key priorities and covers the whole sexual assault and abuse pathway.
You will be joining a team of experienced community safety professionals working passionately to address crime and disorder in Derbyshire. You will have access to suite of training and have a line manager who is supportive and keen to facilitate your development.
The post is fixed term for 18 months from date of appointment, and we are open to considering secondments.
What will I be doing:
- Raising awareness of the Strategic Direction for Sexual Assault and Abuse Services (SAAS) and its local implications with key partner agencies.
- Working with partner agencies through the Sexual Abuse Operational Group and the Domestic Abuse and Sexual Abuse Partnership Board to ensure multiagency ownership and oversight.
- Leading local partner agencies in the development of a whole system SAAS action plan that addresses the key priorities and covers the whole sexual assault and abuse pathway. The plan will have clear deliverables, measures and milestones and be all age.
- To lead the delivery of actions identified in the action plan, identifying risks, issues and dependencies, considering best practice.
- Be responsible for making recommendations, providing advice and able to prepare strategic reports/briefings.
- Provide specialist advice on sexual violence and abuse. To keep up to date with changes in legislation, regulations, policy and strategy developments and good practice and to produce guidance and briefings where appropriate for the County Council and Safer Derbyshire partners.
What skills and experience do you need to have:
Experience or demonstrable record of achieving results through partnership working.
- Significant experience of working in a public sector environment.
- Experience of working with statutory and/or voluntary organisations.
- Experience of developing strategic plans.
- Experience of identifying and interpreting national policy.
- Experience of researching best practice interpreting its relevance and processes/ practices which could be implemented successfully to achieve system reform.
- Strategic thinking – ability to anticipate problems before they arise.
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What we offer you:
- 27 days of annual leave, plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more!
Our Community Safety Team is contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
Please include a covering letter outlining the reasons for your interest and your skills, knowledge and experience, taking account of the requirements set out in the job and person profile (attached). Each document should be no longer than 2 sides of A4 (font size 12).
If you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
For more information on our Community Safety Team and other vacancies in our team, simply, click here.
We're always pleased to hear from talented people so if you're looking to join a dynamic team and have the skills and experience we're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
If you would like to have an informal chat about this role, get in touch with Christine Flinton email@example.com or telephone 01629 538271.
Provisional Interview Date: Week commencing 27 February 2023