- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 12 £39,840 - £43,224 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 18 December 2022
£39,840 to £43,224 - Plus market leading package (see below)
We are accepting CVs for this position so it’s easier than ever to apply!!
Derbyshire County Council offers an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and enthusiastic Lawyers to join its in-house legal team. We recognise that our workforce are our greatest asset and we are currently looking for inspired and proactive people who are committed to new ways of thinking and working.
As a Lawyer in the education team you will be working in a dynamic and challenging environment, dealing with a variety of education and special educational needs matters where you can apply your knowledge and expertise to deliver excellent quality advice to a wide range of audiences.
Working in local government is a highly satisfying and rewarding experience in so many ways, and you will enjoy an excellent range of benefits at Derbyshire County Council.
What we offer you:
- 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 with 5 years of continuous service
- Flexi time, allowing flexible working hours and up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Generous local government pension scheme
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Cycle to work scheme
- A supportive working environment
- Commitment to your continuing professional development.
- Discounts at selected county leisure centres
- and much more!
Our Legal team is contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
If you would prefer to submit a standard application form, you can download one here and upload this instead of your CV.
You will be a qualified Solicitor/Barrister/Chartered Legal Executive (Fellow of CILEx).
Provisional Interview Date: The week beginning 16 January 2023