- Newton Primary School, Alfreton
- Salary details
- Grade 7 £12,996.12 - £13,992.24 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Pending restructure
- 22 hours and 30 minutes per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 03 December 2023
The Headteacher and Governors at Newton Primary School would like to appoint a highly effective 1:1 Teaching & Learning Assistant to start as soon as possible.
The post would be to mainly support a KS2 pupil with additional needs as well as supporting other pupils in the class.
Newton Primary School is an amazing place to work. We will offer the successful candidate the following:
- The opportunity to work alongside wonderful, hard-working and well-behaved children.
- Be part of a highly skilled staff team.
- Have supportive senior leaders that value your wellbeing.
- Lots of continuous professional learning (CPL) opportunities through training and INSET.
The successful candidate will need to have the following talents/ characteristics:
- Love working with young people and in schools. This will be a passion of yours!
- Be a highly effective practitioner that moves children on with their learning during lessons.
- Able to lead on interventions for all children including those with additional needs.
- Be organised, self-motivated and manage their own work load/ timetable effectively.
- Be a team player- only working together will we work wonders.
- Have an excellent working knowledge of safeguarding young people.
The working hours are as follows:
Mon-Fri 8.30am-2.00pm (with a 1hour lunch break)
Although this position is fixed term, it is likely that the governors will look to make this position permanent if pupil numbers continue to rise.
Visits to the school are welcomed. To book an appointment, please contact Mrs Tina Frost Morris (School Business Officer) to arrange a visit. We look forward to receiving your application.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.