- Brockley Primary School, Chesterfield
- Salary details
- Grade 7 £9,769.44 - £10,654.80 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to pupil numbers until the end of July 2023
- 20 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 03 September 2022
Brockley Primary School is a safe, welcoming and nurturing school that offers a sense of belonging. We are a growing and improving school and we pride ourselves that we know each and every child inside out. We do our best to help each child find their strengths and talents so that they will flourish and be challenged.
Our school motto ‘The Brockley Way – Only my best is good enough’ is at the heart of our philosophy; we support this through nurturing pupils’ creativity, encouraging independent thinking and learning and showing that failure can be a learning opportunity.
Brockley Primary seeks to appoint a Special Educational Needs Teaching Assistant for a part-time position, temporary position consisting of 20 hours per week to support children with SEND funding.
The post will be a temporary contract, term-time only,(this could lead to a permanent role if funding is successful) to start as soon as possible this is a temporary role due to funding and is expected to end in July 2023.
Provisional Interview Date: week commencing: 05.09.22
The successful applicant will:
- Have an understanding of pupils with SEN and a holistic understanding of child development.
- Be kind and have an attachment awareness approach to working with children.
- Be able to work within a team and offer support.
- Be reliable and flexible.
- Be calm and patient.
- Be able to act on their own initiative.
- Be able to carry out a speech and language programme under the guidance of the school’s Speech and Language Therapist.
- Be able to work as part of a team with excellent communication skills.
- Be confident to liaise with staff, parents and other professionals.
- Have a professional attitude and understand the need for confidentiality.
- Have high expectations for children’s learning and behaviour.
Applying for the job
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and welcomed, please contact 01246-823344 to arrange a date and time
Please note: we do not accept CVs, please use the Derbyshire County Council online application form.
Provisional Interview Date: week commencing 5 September 2022.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.