- Norbury C of E Primary School, Ashbourne
- Salary details
- Grade 8 Actual Salary £20,372.16 - £21,787.44 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Due to pupil numbers until the end of July 2025
- 32 hours per week, 39 weeks per year
- Closing Date
- 10 March 2024
Norbury is a small, rural school, set in beautiful countryside just ten minutes from Ashbourne. Our school ethos is ‘Laughter and Learning’. We want our children to feel relaxed and happy at school, able to attain and achieve to their full potential. We are a Forest School and make the most of opportunities for outdoor learning. We have a dedicated staff team and a commitment to supporting the professional development of our teachers and teaching assistants. This is an exciting opportunity to develop and strengthen your skills as a teaching assistant within a supportive and friendly school.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Friendly, positive and kind
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- Excited about working with children and keen to develop their own work
- Able to make a positive contribution to the wider school community
We can offer:
- A friendly and hardworking staff team
- Fantastic children with a positive attitude to their learning
- An excellent programme of professional development
- A strong staff wellbeing offer, including a wellbeing day each year
Although most of this role will be 1:1 work as an SENTA, the governors are also looking to appoint someone to run our small and cosy breakfast club for one hour before school. The post will be for 32 hours per week at Grade 8, starting at 7:45am and finishing at the end of the school day.
We are looking for someone to start after the Easter holidays, in the week beginning Monday 15 April, although we can offer some flexibility with regards to start date for the right candidate.
Provisional Interview Date: 20 March 2024
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.