- Various locations across the County
- Salary details
- Grade 9-11 £31,963 - £40,638 per annum, pro rata, plus market supplement
- Job term
- Part Time and Full Time hours available
- Appointment type
- Various hours available
- Closing Date
- 03 March 2024
Social workers are very positive about working for Derbyshire. Senior leaders have established a positive organisational culture, evident across the whole workforce. Workers feel respected and valued by leaders.’ - OFSTED
We’re proud to say that our Children’s Services have received a ‘Good’ rating in our most recent OFSTED inspection and we’re on the lookout for passionate and driven qualified social workers to contribute to the well-being of children and families across Derbyshire.
More exciting news – we've revamped our payment packages to attract and retain top talent like you. Successful candidates will enjoy competitive salaries, ensuring that their hard work is both rewarding and fulfilling.
- Grade 9 - £35,963 pro rata made up of:
o Basic salary per annum: £31,963
o Market supplement payment per annum: £4,000 pro rata
- Grade 10 - £36,245 - £39,239 pro rata made up of:
o Basic salary per annum: £33,034 to £36,239 pro rata
o Market supplement payment per annum: £3,000 pro rata
- Grade 11 - £39,339 - £42,638 pro rata made up of:
o Basic salary per annum: £37,339 to £40,638 pro rata
o Market supplement payment per annum: £2,000 pro rata
Derbyshire is a large authority divided into six localities: Amber Valley, Chesterfield, Erewash, High Peak (Buxton, Glossop, New Mills, and Matlock), Bolsover and North-East, and South Derbyshire. Alongside our Locality teams we have a countywide Children with Disabilities Service.
Derbyshire County Council is ambitious and innovative, offering support to both newly qualified and experienced social workers. We provide a nurturing environment with excellent progression opportunities. Our vision is to inspire and empower children, young people, and their families to be the best they can be.
Join a workforce where 94% of staff in Children’s Social Work are proud to work for Derbyshire County Council, according to our Annual Employee Survey 2022.
What can you expect from us?
We value your hard work and commitment, offering a comprehensive package that includes:
- Achievable case loads
- Accelerated pay progression
- Access to training and development opportunities worth over £5000
- Systemic training equivalent to a Post Graduate Certificate
- Excellent supervision and a supportive peer network
- Effective leadership and management
- Career progression and formal qualifications opportunities
- Diverse range of cases for a rewarding career
- Covered DBS fee and Social Work England registration fee reimbursement
- What rewards and benefits do we offer you?
Enjoy being a part of our team with benefits such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
- Derbyshire Rewards - Discounts from high street retailers and more
- Generous annual leave and flexi time scheme
- Travel expenses
- Discounts on leisure centre memberships
- Free car parking at most sites
- In-house counselling service
- Occupational Health service
- Access to sessions with a trained physiotherapist
- Cycle to work scheme
- Various Employee Networks championing inclusivity across the council
Make a real positive difference in the lives of children and families – join Derbyshire County Council today!
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.
Apply now and take the first step towards a fulfilling career with us! By joining Derbyshire County Council you will have access to a range of amazing rewards and employee benefits, including our generous annual leave scheme, excellent local government pension and fantastic employee discounts. To discover more detail about the rewards and benefits available to you, click here