- Godkin House, Ripley
- Salary details
- Grade 9-11 £24,573 - £34,497 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- Fixed Term - Covering for maternity leave
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 27 January 2019
We’re investing in our children’s social work service and expanding our teams across Derbyshire. An exciting opportunity has arisen in Starting Point for a fixed term full time Social Worker Post covering maternity leave. This is an ideal career development opportunity for someone interested in working within Starting Point.
Our children’s services are currently rated ‘good’ by Ofsted and we have excellent partnership working arrangements that help our social workers deliver good outcomes for children and their families.
We’re proud of our social work practice and commitment to children and their families in Derbyshire, our excellent supervision, systemic practice, manageable caseloads, innovative working, training opportunities and high aspirations for the children we work with.
You will work on shift with the Starting Point team based at Godkin House , Ripley
Hours will be a four week rolling rota, week 1 - 8am – 4pm, a week, Week 2 – 10am -6pm and weeks 3 and 4 – 9am – 5pm.
We offer something different and there are lots of good reasons to be a Social Worker in Derbyshire:
- You’ll receive excellent supervision and support we are committed to systemic practice and safe outcomes.
- You’ll be part of a supportive peer network with supportive colleagues and managers.
- We’re investing in our children’s social work service to recruit additional workers and secure its future
- You'll enjoy a diverse range of cases provide an exciting, challenging and rewarding experience.
- Despite the challenges of the role morale in Derbyshire is high.
- We have excellent training and development opportunities including a focus on practice skills and leadership development.
- We offer on-the-job opportunities and progression into roles as senior practitioners and the chance to train for further formal qualifications.
- Effective leadership and management helps to reduce risk for our social workers as well as the children and families they support.
- We take a preventative, practical and honest approach to our work with families.
- We’ve introduced accelerated pay progression opportunities for frontline social workers following their ASYE.
- We have salaries which are competitively benchmarked with other East Midlands authorities.
- Our children’s services are rated ‘good’ by Ofsted with many examples of ‘outstanding’ practice.
- We have excellent partnership working arrangements that help our social workers deliver good outcomes for children and their families.
The benefits of working for Derbyshire County Council:
- You’ll be eligible to join the Local Government Pension Scheme where you pay your contributions and we pay too. It’s a flexible scheme and an important part of your employment package providing an excellent range of benefits.
- You’ll be part of a generous annual leave and flexi time scheme. We support flexible working and leave arrangements.
- You’ll enjoy benefits including our occupational health, physiotherapy and counselling services, free car parking at most of our sites and free childcare vouchers.
- Derbyshire is a great place to live and work. It’s only a short drive to Derby, Nottingham, Sheffield and Manchester but is also home to miles of beautiful countryside and has the Peak District National Park on its doorstep. The county enjoys house prices below the UK average and has great road and rail links
We’re a council that cares – and that comes across to our families You can find out more about working for us – at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/socialworkjobs
Provisional Interview Date: Week Commencing 4 February 2019
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.