- Chatsworth Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 12 £35,555 - £38,728 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 20 January 2019
We require an experienced Structural Design Engineer, with knowledge of public building and school design, new build and refurbishment, to join our busy multi-disciplinary design team. Projects will range in value from £100k to £2m.
You will work alongside in-house multi-disciplinary consultants.
Duties will include:
- Ability to produce structural designs with a range of construction materials, such as timber, masonry, structural steel and reinforced concrete.
- Inspecting and assessing existing buildings and report with regards to structural condition.
- Provide expert professional advice regarding the suitability of existing buildings with regards to proposed development or change of use.
- Provide expert professional advice in the event of emergency incidents.
This may include an out of hour’s response. You will be required to be proficient in the use of AutoCAD and MasterSeries software.
The ability to travel is essential to this post.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.