Business Services Assistant (4 Posts)
- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 6 £11.39 - £11.62 per hour
- Job term
- No Guaranteed Hours
- Appointment type
- As and when required
- Closing Date
- 04 June 2023
Derbyshire County Council are seeking several Relief Business Service Assistants to support with various administrative temporary roles.
If successful you would join the Council's pool of resource which works a lot like an ‘in-house’ agency, providing high quality administrative support across all departments of the council, on a placement basis.
The placements can initially range from 8 to 12 weeks and are predominantly for full-time cover (up to 37 hours per week) however, there is opportunity to combine part-time cover to fulfil the hours of a full-time placement.
You will have the flexibility to accept or decline placements, although there would be an expectation to fulfil the full term of placements where a timescale has been made clear.
What will you be doing?
Successful applicants will be expected to undertake a range of administrative duties as required by the placement manager and therefore, applicants must be: flexible, adaptable to change and willing to work in a variety of teams and Council departments.
Further responsibilities may include:
- Producing documents, reports and additional materials
- Data inputting, analysis and manipulation, using a range of software
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintaining and monitoring records
- Correspondence management and diary maintenance
- Maintaining confidentiality
Full training will be provided where required and you will receive the ongoing support of your team and wider Council functions whilst on your placement.
What we offer you:
- A competitive hourly rate of £11.39 per hour
- Accrual of annual leave based on a full-time equivalent rate of 25 days per year
- Access to the Council’s Wellbeing schemes
- On the job training and a friendly, supportive working environment
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who is looking to gain experience in a variety of placements within the Council whilst maintaining an element of flexibility with their work.
For further information, please email the Resources@Derbyshire Team - email@example.com
Provisional Interview Date: 14 June 2023.