- County Hall, Matlock
- Salary details
- Grade 6 Posts 1 and 2 £20,043 - £20,498 per annum, Post 3 £10,021.56 - £10,248.96 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time and Full Time hours available
- Appointment type
- Permanent and fixed term - covering for secondment up to 31 March 20233
- Closing Date
- 14 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Services Team for three committed and flexible individuals to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Child Protection & IRO Team.
Post 1: Full time Permanent - 37 hours
Post 2: Full time Fixed term - 37 hours to cover for secondment up to 31 March 2023
Post 3: Part time Permanent - 18 hours and 30 minutes per week - working pattern Wednesday PM, All day Thursday and Friday
You will be joining a friendly team of 10 (7 FTE) experienced Business Services Assistants. The role is varied, fast-paced and the ability to work as part of a team and meet deadlines is essential.
What will I be doing:
- Working in the Child Protection & IRO Business Services Team
- Using bespoke systems including Mosaic, Orderpoint, .Gov Delivery, S4S and EDRM
- Managing multiple shared team email boxes
- Responsible for managing the workloads of Grade 5 Business Services Assistants
- Processing incoming LADO referrals
- Processing Police Access to Files, CPS and DBS requests
- Overseeing the IRO CIC Review process
- Monitoring the Derbyshire Police Missing notifications
- Support to the Vulnerable Children Child Protection Manager for High Risk CRE cases
- Support to the Keeping Children Safe in Education Child Protection Manager
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to supervise staff
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of administrative duties.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to interpret information and analyse data.
- Assist and support with streamlining processes and implementation
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- Previous financial experience would be beneficial.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
Please read through the full Job and Person Profile and Task Brief to help you complete your application. You will need to detail in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form how you meet the skills and experience we are looking for.
We are offering:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team
- Access to our in-house occupational services which also includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council please click here.
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: week commencing 5 September 2022
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.
PLEASE INDICATE IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE, WHICH VACANCIES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WITHIN THE SUITABILITY SECTION OF THE APPLICATION FORM.