- Salary details
- Grade 4 - £18,887 per annum
- Job term
- Full Time
- Appointment type
- 37 hours per week
- Closing Date
- 21 August 2022
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Business Services Team for committed and flexible individuals to provide efficient and effective administrative support to the following teams in the Erewash locality.
Post 1 – 37 hours per week based at Erewash Hub, Mercian Close, Ilkeston
Post 2 – 37 hours per week based at Long Eaton Childrens Centre (this post will be subject to a DBS check)
You will be joining a friendly team of experienced Business Services Assistants who work across the Erewash Locality. The role is varied, fast-paced and the ability to work as part of a team and meet deadlines is essential.
What will I be doing:
- Post 1, based at Long Eaton Childrens Centre will be supporting the Parenting and Family time team who oversee supervised family time between children in care and their parents. This role requires good organisational skills, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines. You will work closely with the team to ensure administrative tasks are met such as ensuring arrangements for family time sessions are in place – rooms booked, schedules typed up, ensuring parents and carers have appropriate schedules. Sending allocation letters and leaflets to families. Utilising the client system to keep records up to date. Alongside the above, there are a variety of other task such as finance and reception cover.
- Post 2, based at Mercian Close will work closely to support the social care staff and functions within. This role has variety of tasks, such as dealing with incoming post, finance request, reception, monitoring generic inboxes and processing incoming emails. Supporting processes and collection of data around children in care. Utilising the client recording system to input and ensure data and records are up to date.
- You may be required to work across other sites within the Erewash Locality area for purposes of cover arrangements in either Ilkeston or Long Eaton.
Skills and Experience we are looking for:
- Excellent IT skills, which includes the use of Microsoft packages.
- An ability to work as part of a team undertaking a wide range of general administrative tasks.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good organisational skills.
- An ability to prioritise and work to deadlines.
- An ability to work within organisational policies and procedures.
- An understanding of confidentiality, GDPR and Data Protection.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification or relevant office experience.
- Enthusiasm and transferable skills
Please read through the full Job and Person Profile and Task Brief to help you complete your application. You will need to detail in the “Suitability for Job” section on your application form how you meet the skills and experience we are looking for.
What we are offering:
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- 25 days annual leave per year (rising to 30 days after 5 years continuous service) plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata).
- Flexible working
- Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
- Training and development opportunities
- Paid travel expenses if required to travel to other sites.
- Smarter travel scheme including access to the cycle to work scheme
- Supportive management and team.
- Access to our in-house occupational services which includes free eye tests, physiotherapy and counselling.
If you would like to know more about Derbyshire County Council please click here
If you require any further information or for an informal conversation, please email email@example.com and your query/request will be passed to the relevant service.
Provisional interview date: w/c 5 September 2022
Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft teams and arrangements will be confirmed with candidates.
PLEASE INDICATE IN ORDER OF PREFERENCE, WHICH VACANCIES YOU ARE INTERESTED IN WITHIN THE SUITABILITY SECTION OF THE APPLICATION FORM.
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.