- Clowne Infant and Nursery School
- Salary details
- Grade 4 £910.56 - £924.84 per annum
- Job term
- Part Time
- Appointment type
- 2 hours per week (to be worked on a variable basis throughout the year)
- Closing Date
- 20 January 2019
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated administrator to the post of Clerk to the Governors. This is a key role supporting our Local Governing Body in the strategic management and development of our school.
The purpose of the clerk’s role is to:
- Provide advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters,
- Provide effective administrative support to the governing body and its committees
- Ensure the governing body is properly constituted
- Manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements
A willingness to work flexibly is required as the workload is variable as the post holder would need to attend at least 10 evening meetings.
Knowledge of how schools and governing bodies operate would be an advantage along with previous experience of similar work but full training can be provided.
Provisional Interview Date: 24 January 2019
Due to this post having access to children and/or vulnerable adults, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided. Click here to see our policy on criminal background checks.